Areas of Practice
Elder Law, Estate Planning and Estate Administration (including assistance with probating an estate – both testate and intestate), capacity or guardianship issues, fiduciary/trustee or beneficiary representation, wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, intestate administration. Elder Law encompasses all aspects of planning for aging, illness, and incapacity.
Family Law practice includes divorce, custody, child and spousal support, visitation, property division, prenuptial and separation agreements, protection from abuse, contempt proceedings, emergency petitions and the numerous variations of legal analysis necessary to proceed with these matters.
Corporate practice includes incorporation filings, contracts, employment agreements, non-compete and stock option agreements, sale of assets or stock for partnerships, limited liability corporations and subchapter S or C corporations.
Real Estate practice includes residential real estate sales and purchases; review of commercial leases, and landlord-tenant disputes.
Ms. Satterthwaite is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and received her Juris Doctorate Degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1987. She received her Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, from Villanova University with a major in Accounting in 1984. Ms. Satterthwaite’s practice focuses on small business, estate planning, family law and residential real estate matters. She resides in Birmingham Township with her husband and four children, is a member of St. Maximilian Kolbe Roman Catholic Parish in West Chester, serves under the Access to Justice Program of the Chester County Bar Association, and serves as a volunteer harpist with numerous hospice and special needs organizations.
Areas of Practice
Estate Planning and Administration
Real Estate Practice
New Jersey, 2008
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
J.D. – 1987
Law Journal: Journal of Law & Technology, Production Editor, 1986 – 1987
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
B.S. magna cum laude – 1984
Honors and Awards
- Top Lawyers, Elder Law by Mainline Today, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chester County Bar Association, Member
- Pro Bono Activities: Access to Justice for Chester County Bar Association – primarily custody matters
Past Employment Positions
- Widett, Slater & Goldman – Boston, MA, Associate, 1987 – 1990
- Sole Practitioner, Attorney, 1991 – 1998
- Past Harpist Carlson Center at Villa St. Martha, Downingtown, PA
- Harpist for Coatesville Veterans’ Hospital, Hospice Center & 138A Building; Devereux Center, Hankin Building, Berwyn, PA and Community Volunteers in Medicine, West Chester, PA.
- Member Handbell Choir, St. Max, West Chester