Mr. Voltz has been a member of the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association since his entry into legal practice in 1980. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania and Chester County Bar Associations, and has been admitted to practice before the U.S. Federal Courts.
Mr. Voltz founded the law firm of Hudson L. Voltz, P.C. in 1992 in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Since its establishment, the law has grown consistently each year.
Mr. Voltz has attained regional recognition for his work in the areas of personal injury, family, and small business law. His negotiation skills are frequently called upon to mediate disputes, both in the practice of law and in his public service to the community. Mr. Voltz is a regular seminar presenter on the issues of risk management, new developments in family law and pitfalls of residential real estate transactions.
He is past President of the Philadelphia Area Dickinson College Alumni Club; has served as Chairman of the East Brandywine Township Board of Supervisors from 1993 to the present; serves on the board of directors of the Downingtown Area Recreational Consortium which serves nine separate municipalities with a budget of $1.5 million; is a member of the Chester County Water Resource Authority as one of two municipal liaisons; has served on the executive and steering committees to elect Senator James W. Gerlach and Representative Curt Schroeder, and serves as a coach for the East Brandywine Youth Association. Mr. Voltz lives in East Brandywine Township with his wife and three children. He is a member of St. James Church.
Mr. Voltz received his Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania with honors and a double major in American Studies and Political Science in 1977. He received his Juris Doctorate Degree in 1980 from Dickinson School of Law, serving in the trial moot court board and being elected as a Student Bar Association Officer. He was elected to the prestigious Corpus Juris Society by his peers.
Mr. Voltz’s reputation has led to his regional referral practice located in southeastern Pennsylvania. If a client’s legal problem requires attorneys in other parts of the Commonwealth, or out of state, Mr. Voltz’s reputation and recognition facilitate securing distinguished reference counsel to serve them. When a client’s needs are beyond Mr. Voltz’s experience or expertise, he will find reference counsel to address those specific concerns.
Areas of Practice
Small Business Law
U.S. Federal Court, 1981
- The Dickinson School of Law, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
J.D. – 1980
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
B.A. – 1977
Honors: Corpus Juris Society
- Pennsylvania Lawyer’s Almanac Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1979
- LYNETTE GAYDOS v. ERIC BERRY, 88-7433 (U.S. Federal Court-E.D. 1988)
- BARBARA GOFF MYERS v. SCHINDLER GREENFELD, ET AL, 87-5055 (U.S. Federal Court-E.D. 1988)
- JAMES ANDERSON v. TRACEY TAYLOR-MILLER, 89-08973 (Chester County 1988)
- ANTHONY JONES v. COVE HAVEN, INC., 296 CIVIL 1989 (Wayne County 1989)
Honors and Awards
- Pi Delta Epsilon, Journalism Society
- Top Lawyers, Family Law by Mainline Today, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Jefferson Forum, Member, 1983 – 1987
- Boy Scouts of America, 1985 – 1989
- Dickinson College, President, 1986 – 1988
- Sigma Chi
- Pi Delta Epsilon